Friday 5 November 2021

Software Engineering Bootcamps (worth consider?)


Hi, dear Software Developers.I’m currently 23 years old, second year robotics engineer student. I’m finishing my second year now and I realized, that it’s not what I really want to do in life. I really have a passion for software development.Currently, I have some skills in C++ oriented programming and C. Also learned HTML and CSS, before attending uni. After enquiring about software engineering major, it became obvious that it will take for me approximately 3 more years of study full time.I’m seriously considering the software engineering bootcamp option (5 months program) during summer break and 1st semester, as I want to get to the work-field as soon as possible, as the idea of studying 3 more years, looks very daunting to me.I had a look through their academic course plan and they do cover most commonly required skills that many employer look in software developer, like Ruby-on-rails, .NET, SQL etc. Its mostly a web-developing + oriented programing and database programing language skills. It looks very like a skillset needed for final year software engineering project.My motivation is to get into software industry as soon as possible, as I am afraid, that after finishing uni, at the age of 26, I will have minimum to no work experience. I really want to start something right now and have more or less stable job at my age.My question, is it possible to get any software development jobs (I understand 5 months may be not enough for software engineering position) after finishing bootcamp? Or is such courses designed to be more like a general skill enhancement program?Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment