
I need help analyzing the poem “Maybe” by Richard Blanco. The questions I must answer are: What are the feelings in this poem? How do the sounds and images evoke these? Where in the poem does feeling or tone change? What has Blanco done to make this occur?POEM: or Craig Maybe it was the billboards promising paradise, maybe those fifty-nine miles with your hand in mine, maybe my sexy roadster, the top down, maybe the wind fingering your hair, sun on your thighs and bare chest, maybe it was just the ride over the sea split in two by the highway to Key Largo, or the idea of Key Largo. Maybe I was finally in the right place at the right time with the right person. Maybe there’d finally be a house, a dog named Chu, a lawn to mow, neighbors, dinner parties, and you forever obsessed with crossword puzzles and Carl Young, reading in the dark by the moonlight, at my bedside every night. Maybe. Maybe it was the clouds paused at the horizon, the blinding fields of golden sawgrass, the mangrove islands tangled, inseparable as we might be. Maybe I should’ve said something, promised you something, asked you to stay a while, maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment