
The father of my children is turning towards the Jehovah’s Witnesses again and has started to show our children kids segments based on his religion. I would like to know if there is anything agnostic / atheist that I could introduce them to for balance?They are both extremely young (oldest just turned two) and I don’t want to confuse them but at the same time I don’t want to stand back and let them become brain washed. I’m upset because we both agreed that we wouldn’t push our own beliefs on our children and would let them make their own minds up when they’re older.According to him two is old enough, and he is now saying that I was pushing my beliefs by celebrating their birthdays and Christmas (pagan traditions not Christian). This is something that he has not had a problem with in the past. He has accepted and given presents in the past and just in case anyone was thinking that was still my influence he would also sign up for workplace Secret Santa’s and go all out on presents there.This would have been a huge deal breaker if I had realized how he would act, but now I’m just trying to figure out how best to deal with it. We still live together and are technically in a relationship but it’s been in bad way for a long, long time now.
No comments:
Post a Comment